Programs for the Afghan Reporters-In-Place of abode Undertaking at the moment are open
June 3, 2022: Reporters for Human Rights (JHR) is launching a decision for programs as a part of its Afghan Journalist-in-Place of abode Undertaking.
As a part of the mission, 10 Afghan newshounds and media execs will likely be introduced paid placements with main Canadian newsrooms akin to CTV Information, the Toronto Famous person, Canadian Press, Hamilton Spectator and International Information.
Since August 2021, JHR has helped relocate and improve greater than 300 Afghan newshounds and media execs and their households. The Afghan Journalist-in-Place of abode Project is a continuation of that paintings and is designed to improve Afghan execs’ involvement with and contributions to Canadian media.
Investment for this mission was once supplied through the Meta Journalism Undertaking.
As a part of this program, a hit candidates will likely be invited to:
- Achieve paintings revel in and networking alternatives in Canadian media.
- Obtain mentorship from newsroom leaders.
- Take part in human rights reporting coaching with JHR.
- Placements are one year overall.
- Get started dates are versatile and run from June to September 2022.
- Placement alternatives would possibly come with a mixture of in place of job, hybrid or far flung.
- Programs will likely be evaluated through JHR body of workers and collaborating newsrooms.
- JHR will paintings with newsrooms to position applicants in step with talents and revel in.
- Candidates will have to be eligible to paintings in Canada.
To use, please notify us of your passion through filling out the shape on this hyperlink. We thank all those that have an interest. The appliance is through invitation handiest and handiest shortlisted applicants will likely be contacted.
Questions? Please get in contact with us through emailing [email protected]